Braves vs. Cubs Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 27
The Atlanta Braves (101-56) host the Chicago Cubs (82-75) at 7:20 PM ET on Wednesday, a game featuring two of MLB's most consistent batters. Ronald Acuna Jr. has an average of .335 (third in league) for the Braves, and Cody Bellinger is sixth at .309 for the Cubs.
The Braves will give the nod to Darius Vines (1-0, 4.40 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 2 on the season, and the Cubs will counter with Jameson Taillon (8-10, 5.24 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Braves vs. Cubs Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- Time: 7:20 PM ET
- TV: BSSO
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Venue: Truist Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Vines - ATL (1-0, 4.40 ERA) vs Taillon - CHC (8-10, 5.24 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Braves Injury Report|
|Braves vs Cubs Betting Trends & Stats|
|Braves vs Cubs Player Props|
|Braves vs Cubs Odds|
|Braves vs Cubs Prediction|
|How to Watch Braves vs Cubs|
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Darius Vines
- The Braves will send Vines to the mound for his second start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance came in relief on Friday when he threw 3 1/3 innings out of the bullpen against the Washington Nationals, giving up three earned runs while allowing three hits.
- He has pitched to a 4.40 ERA this season with 5.7 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.1 walks per nine across four games.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jameson Taillon
- Taillon (8-10) takes the mound first for the Cubs in his 29th start of the season. He has a 5.24 ERA in 144 1/3 innings pitched, with 134 strikeouts.
- The righty's most recent time out came on Friday against the Colorado Rockies, when he went six scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- In 28 games this season, the 31-year-old has an ERA of 5.24, with 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .266 against him.
- Taillon heads into the matchup with seven quality starts under his belt this season.
- Taillon will look to continue an eight-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 5.1 innings per appearance).
- He has made four appearances this season in which he did not allow an earned run.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.