Houston vs. Auburn Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Saturday's game between the Houston Cougars (32-3) and Auburn Tigers (21-12) going head to head at Legacy Arena at BJCC has a projected final score of 72-64 (according to our computer prediction) in favor of Houston, who is listed as the favorite by our model. The game will begin at 7:10 PM ET on March 18.
According to our computer prediction, Houston projects to cover the 5.5-point spread in its matchup versus Auburn. The total has been set at 132.5, and the two teams are projected to hit the over.
Houston vs. Auburn Game Info & Odds
- Date: Saturday, March 18, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV: TBS
- Where: Birmingham, Alabama
- Venue: Legacy Arena at BJCC
- Line: Houston -5.5
- Point Total: 132.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Houston -250, Auburn +200
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Houston vs. Auburn Score Prediction
- Prediction: Houston 72, Auburn 64
Spread & Total Prediction for Houston vs. Auburn
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU:
Houston is 16-16-0 against the spread this season compared to Auburn's 16-14-0 ATS record. The Cougars have a 14-18-0 record hitting the over, while games involving the Tigers have a record of 17-13-0 when it comes to hitting the over. The two teams score an average of 147.7 points per game, 15.2 more points than this matchup's total. Houston is 2-8 against the spread and 9-1 overall in its last 10 games, while Auburn has gone 5-5 against the spread and 4-6 overall.
Put your picks to the test and bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Houston Performance Insights
- The Cougars have a +641 scoring differential, topping opponents by 18.3 points per game. They're putting up 74.7 points per game to rank 107th in college basketball and are allowing 56.4 per outing to rank second in college basketball.
- Houston wins the rebound battle by 8.5 boards on average. It collects 36.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 13th in college basketball, while its opponents pull down 27.5 per outing.
- Houston connects on 7.7 three-pointers per game (134th in college basketball), 1.5 more than its opponents (6.2).
- The Cougars average 100.7 points per 100 possessions on offense (22nd in college basketball), and allow 76.0 points per 100 possessions (first in college basketball).
- Houston has committed 3.8 fewer turnovers per game than its opponents, averaging 9.6 (17th in college basketball action) while forcing 13.4 (73rd in college basketball).
Auburn Performance Insights
- The Tigers have a +189 scoring differential, topping opponents by 5.7 points per game. They're putting up 73.0 points per game, 144th in college basketball, and are giving up 67.3 per outing to rank 96th in college basketball.
- The 32.9 rebounds per game Auburn accumulates rank 106th in college basketball. Their opponents pull down 31.9.
- Auburn knocks down 6.5 three-pointers per game (278th in college basketball) compared to its opponents' 5.6. It shoots 31.5% from deep, and its opponents shoot 28.7%.
- Auburn and its opponents have been relatively even in the turnover battle. The Tigers commit 11.7 per game (159th in college basketball) and force 12.5 (129th in college basketball).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.