Mississippi State vs. Creighton Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 16, 2023 at 10:40 AM CDT|Updated: Mar. 17, 2023 at 10:41 AM CDT
Friday's game that pits the Creighton Bluejays (22-8) against the Mississippi State Bulldogs (21-10) at Purcell Pavilion has a projected final score of 69-63 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of Creighton, who is the favorite in this matchup by our model. Game time is at 6:00 PM ET on March 17.
The Bulldogs came out on top in their most recent outing 70-56 against Illinois on Wednesday.
Mississippi State vs. Creighton Game Info
- When: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 6:00 PM ET
- Where: Purcell Pavilion in South Bend, Indiana
- How to Watch on TV: ESPNews
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Mississippi State vs. Creighton Score Prediction
- Prediction: Creighton 69, Mississippi State 63
Mississippi State Schedule Analysis
- The Bulldogs picked up their signature win of the season on February 6, when they took down the Tennessee Lady Volunteers, who rank No. 24 in the AP's Top 25, by a score of 91-90.
- The Bulldogs have eight losses to Quadrant 1 teams, tied for the 45th-most in the nation.
- When facing Quadrant 2 opponents, Mississippi State is 7-1 (.875%) -- tied for the 13th-most wins.
Mississippi State 2022-23 Best Wins
- 91-90 at home over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on February 6
- 60-45 at home over Alabama (No. 43) on February 19
- 87-73 at home over Arkansas (No. 48) on February 23
- 70-56 over Illinois (No. 53) on March 15
- 72-58 at home over Auburn (No. 88) on January 19
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Mississippi State Performance Insights
- The Bulldogs have a +387 scoring differential, topping opponents by 12.5 points per game. They're putting up 71.5 points per game, 65th in college basketball, and are allowing 59 per contest to rank 51st in college basketball.
- Mississippi State scores fewer points in conference action (65.6 per game) than overall (71.5).
- The Bulldogs are putting up more points at home (76.1 per game) than away (61.6).
- In 2022-23 Mississippi State is allowing 7.2 fewer points per game at home (56.8) than on the road (64).
- The Bulldogs are putting up 67.8 points per contest over their previous 10 games, which is 3.7 fewer points than their average for the season (71.5).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.