Safe rooms open amid severe weather in WLBT viewing area
JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has announced that several safe rooms in the WLBT viewing area are now open.
Severe weather is pushing across Central Mississippi Monday afternoon.
Safe rooms opening or now open include:
- Lamar County Shelter - 105 Central Industrial Row, Purvis, open until the threat passes
- Forrest County Shelter - 946 Sullivan Dr., opens at 5 p.m.
- Claiborne County Shelter - 13004 Highway 18, Hermanville
- Adams County Shelter - 323 Liberty Rd., Natchez
- Jones County Shelter - 1425 Ellisville Blvd., Laurel, opens at 5 p.m.
- Rankin County Shelter - 651 Marquette Rd., Brandon
- Wayne County Shelter - 613 Court St.
- Copiah County Shelter - 1060 Epps Ln., Hazlehurst
Want more WLBT news in your inbox? Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Please click here to report it and include the headline of the story in your email.
Copyright 2023 WLBT. All rights reserved.