Home Depot in Brandon evacuated after worker hits gas line with forklift
BRANDON, Miss. (WLBT) - The Home Depot in Brandon was evacuated Wednesday morning due to a gas leak.
Brandon Fire Chief Brian Roberts said crews got the call around 8 a.m. A worker, he said, hit a gas line with a forklift, causing gas to start filling the store.
Home Depot evacuated all employees and customers while the fire department shut the gas off.
Centerpoint Energy helped mitigate the leak.
The store remains closed.
Want more WLBT news in your inbox? Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Please click here to report it and include the headline of the story in your email.
Copyright 2023 WLBT. All rights reserved.