Storm shelters open amid severe weather outbreak across Mississippi
JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - Storm shelters are beginning to open as severe weather makes its way across Mississippi.
Tuesday is an Alert Day, with pockets of dangerous weather expected.
A list of openings is below:
- Copiah County - Joe L. Johnson Saferoom, 1060 Epps Ln., Hazlehurst
- Claiborne County - Claiborne Co. Safe Room, 13004 Hwy 18, Hermanville
- Pearl River County - Pearl River Co. Safe Room, 124 Rodeo St., Poplarville
- Webster County - East Webster High School Gym, 195 Old Cumberland Rd.
- Lee County - Thomas Elementary School, Joyner Elementary School, Theron Nichols Community Safe Room, Lee Acres Community Safe Room and Tupelo High School, all in Tupelo; Shannon Primary School, 6408 Noah Curtis, Shannon
- Lowndes County - Lowndes Co. School District Career Technology Center, 1085 Lehmberg Rd., Columbus; New Hope High School, 2920 New Hope Rd.
- Rankin County - Rankin Co. Safe Room - 651 Marquette Rd., Brandon
- Hinds County - Billy Brumfield Shelter, 1244 Gallatin St., and Matt’s Shelter for Women & Children, 355 Livingston St., will both open at 5 p.m.
- Oktibbeha County - Oktibbeha Co. Community Safe Room - 985 Lynn Ln., Starkville
Want more WLBT news in your inbox? Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Copyright 2022 WLBT. All rights reserved.