LIST: Severe weather threat prompts school closures
JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - Tuesday is an Alert Day as a strong system will be approaching Central Mississippi yielding two rounds of severe storms.
The threat of inclement weather has prompted school districts to cancel classes Tuesday or dismiss students early.
Here’s an active list of the closures/early dismissals for Tuesday, November 29:
- Canton Public School District - early dismissal at noon, all after-school activities canceled
- Clinton Public School District:
12:00 p.m. - Clinton Park, Northside, Eastside
12:30 p.m. - Clinton Success Center
12:45 p.m. - Lovett, Clinton Junior High School
1:30 p.m. - Sumner Hill, Clinton High School
- Claiborne County School District - after-school activities canceled
- Copiah County School District - early dismissal at 1 p.m.
- Holmes Community College - all campuses close at noon
- Lawrence County School District - early dismissal at noon
- Madison County School District - MCS Preschool will dismiss at 10 a.m., elementary schools at 11:30 a.m., middle schools at 12:15 p.m., Rosa Scott School at 12:20 p.m., and high schools at 12:30 p.m.
- Mississippi Achievement School District - early dismissal at noon
- Natchez-Adams School District - elementary schools dismiss at 11:30, all others dismiss at noon
- Pearl Public School District - early dismissal at 1 p.m. for elementary schools, 2 p.m. for all other grades
- Porter’s Chapel Academy in Vicksburg - closed
- Sharkey Issaquena Academy - early dismissal at noon
- Simpson County School District - offices close at noon, elementary schools dismiss at 12:15 p.m., all others dismiss at 12:30 p.m.
- Simpson Academy - elementary schools dismiss at 12:30 p.m., all others dismiss at 12:50 p.m.
- Vicksburg Warren School District - schools and offices are closed
Want more WLBT news in your inbox? Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Copyright 2022 WLBT. All rights reserved.