LIST: School closures, early dismissals Thurs. due to severe weather threat
HINDS CO., Miss. (WLBT) - Due to the threat of severe weather Thursday, February 17, several schools are adjusting schedules.
Here are the latest closures and cancellations for Thursday:
- Canton Public School District will release students at Noon. All after-school practices and activities are also canceled.
- All Clinton Public School District after-school athletic practices and competitions are canceled.
- East Central Community College will close all offices and cancel all classes/afternoon activities at all locations beginning at Noon.
- Holmes County Consolidated School District will close at 11:30 a.m. All after-school activities are canceled.
- Jackson Public Schools canceled all after-school activities and athletic events.
- Lawrence County School District will have an early release. The district says all students will be dismissed at 11:00 a.m.
- Leake County School District will dismiss students, faculty, and staff at 1 p.m.
- Madison County School District has canceled all after-school activities.
- Simpson County Academy students will be released at 10:30 a.m. for elementary students and 11:00 a.m. for all other students.
Want more WLBT news in your inbox? Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Copyright 2022 WLBT. All rights reserved.