Water Giveaway at Forest Hill High School

Water Giveaway at Forest Hill High School
City of Jackson Water Giveaway (Source: Mayor Chokwe Lumumba)

JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - Mayor Chokwe Lumumba announced that non-potable water will be available on March 9.

The water giveaway will take place at Forest Hill High School between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. The City of Jackson also asks residents to bring containers.

After weeks of little to no water for many citizens, Public Works Director Charles Williams states that 95% of Jackson’s homes finally have their water restored. For the remaining 5%, Williams states that “it is not so much from a lack of water but low water pressure.”

Jackson still remains under a boil water notice even though water is restored to most homes.

For more information on the water giveaway, please visit www.jacksonms.gov.

Copyright 2021 WLBT. All rights reserved.