Three people, including one teen, killed in separate overnight shootings
JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - Three people are dead after isolated, overnight shootings in Jackson.
The overnight violence comes about 24 hours after a deadly weekend where five people were shot in different shootings, leaving two people dead.
Here are the details of each homicide investigation according to Jackson police:
- Happened around 10:30 p.m. on Ridgewood Road near I-55 North and Hanging Moss Creek
- 21-year-old Broderick Dyson died after being shot several times during an argument with another man
- Three people detained for questioning
- Police believe the suspect fled in what appears to be a white Dodge Challenger
- Happened before 9:30 p.m.
- 15-year-old Zeddrick Washington was found suffering from multiple gunshot wounds
- Police have not said where the incident happened, but Washington was taken to the hospital from the area of Bueno Vista Avenue, near Robinson Road and South Prentiss Street
- Police have no witnesses or information about the person who killed the teen
- Happened just after 9:30 p.m. on Rose Street at Grand Avenue
- Vehicle struck a utility pole
- Man found inside vehicle suffering from gunshot wounds, later died on-scene
- Police have no witnesses, motive, or suspect
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (601) 355-TIPS (8477) for up to a $2,500 reward.
Copyright 2021 WLBT. All rights reserved.