Fire that destroyed Jackson hotel started by space heater

One person was injured while trying to escape the flames.

Massive fire engulfs Jackson hotel

JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - Hilltop Inn & Suites in Jackson was engulfed in flames Friday morning. One person was injured while trying to escape the fire.

The motel appears to be a total loss.

According to Division Chief Cleotha Sanders, with the Jackson Fire Department, the fire was started by a space heater.

Jackson hotel engulfed in flames; Source: WLBT
Jackson hotel engulfed in flames; Source: WLBT

Copyright 2020 WLBT. All rights reserved.