JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - 'Tis the season to overindulge, right?
Well, if you’re looking for ways to tighten up the reins but still enjoy yourself, there’s a treat for you this Wellness Wednesday.
Registered Dietician Rebecca Turner passed along some tips on how you can remix holiday cocktails and cut down on the calories you’re drinking.
· Eggnog - 220 calories / 20 g sugar
· Moscow mule - 220 calories / 20 g sugar
· Fruit juice-based beverages
· Champagne - 84 calories per 4 ounces
· Dry wine - 120 per 5 ounces
· Spiked waters - 100 calories per serving
· Measure mixes and liquor for portion control
· Drink a glass of water in between beverages
· Choose the signature cocktail “or” dessert
Here’s Turner’s recipe for a pomegranate spritzer:
· Fresh lime
· 2-ounces pomegranate juice
· 1-ounce rum
· ½ cup champagne
· Pomegranate seeds
· In a glass, squeeze a wedge of fresh lime, add pomegranate juice, lime, and rum
· Mix well
· Fill the glass with ice cubes and top it off with champagne and pomegranate seeds