JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - The National Weather Service confirmed that an EF-1 tornado touched down in Raymond Monday morning and an EF-0 touched down in Smith County.
The Raymond tornado was only about a mile from the one that touched down a week earlier.
The EF-1 tornado touched down west of Raymond and tracked east/northeast before dissipating right at the John Bell Williams Airport.
Some minor tree damage was noted along Russell Tillman Road with the tornado increasing in intensity as it crossed N. Chapel Hill Road. Here several trees were snapped and uprooted as the tornado peaked.
More trees were damaged along Highway 467 and the tornado weakened some.
As the tornado crossed Raymond-Bolton Road, Central Hinds Academy took a direct hit with several trees damaged and a handful of buildings sustained roof damage as portions of tin was torn off.
Other minor structural damage was noted as well.
The tornado weakened as it crossed Airplane Road and dissipated at Sam Herring right before the airport.
The EF-0 tornado spun up in a field just west of Highway 37 and traveled northeast about three quarters of mile before dissipating along Beaver Dam Road(SC 84).
There were some small wooded areas where a couple clusters of trees were snapped or uprooted. There was other straight-line wind damage stretching southwest to Highway 35.
The storm was about 50 yards at the widest and the strongest wind speeds were around 74 mph.
To keep up with the latest weather, click here.
-Reports of trees and power lines down through the county. Strong straight line winds in Vicksburg caused some of these downed trees and power lines, and possible tornado damage in the NE corner of the county.
- Trees/power lines down in Natchez/Adams County*Tree down on Bunkley Road south of Roxie (Franklin County)
- Law enforcement straight line wind damage causing multiple reports of trees and power lines down on Highway 28 and Sylvarena Road.
- Tree snapped on Rosebud Street
- Trees down on Vaughan Road
- EF-1 tornado confirmed in Raymond
- Several trees and power lines down across the county, including on Port Gibson Road, Lebanon Pine Grove Rd., Adams Station Rd. and Cayuga Rd.
- Tree down on Sewanee Drive in Jackson
- Trees snapped and roof damage to a building at Central Hinds Academy (in Raymond)
- Multiple trees down on Highway 51 and Ballground Rd.