Matt Bowers, of Matt Bowers Chevrolet in Slidell, Louisiana, paid to have four billboards placed around downtown Atlanta, the site for this year’s Super Bowl match-up between the Los Angeles Rams and the New England Patriots.
The Rams made it to the big game after a blatant missed call at the end of Sunday’s NFC Championship game, and a field goal in overtime to beat the Saints in New Orleans.
“I wish I could do more,” Bowers said in his original Facebook post, where he posted the graphics that were made.
“Saints got robbed,” and “NFL bleaux it!” billboards were put up just after 2:30 p.m. on Monday along I-85 at Peachtree Street.
- Passed Out: Saints contact NFL about non-call on critical play
- Kicked Out: Rams end Saints playoff, win with overtime field goal
- NFL head referee didn’t see controversial no-call on Tommylee Lewis pass play
- Sec. 642: Saints fans launch petition, after Rams fans launched petition against ref
- Harry Connick Jr. watching the Super Bowl? Nah...
“I aspire to be at this level of petty one day,” one user commented on the Facebook post.