EDWARDS, MS (WLBT) - Edwards Mayor Marcus Wallace has filed his paperwork to run for transportation commissioner.
According to Wallace, his goals as transportation commissioner include:
- Creating a more balanced road and highway infrastructure
- Creating an enhanced more efficient grass program that will keep all highways and exits well groomed on a regular basis
- Developing a more enhanced exit beautification program to allow all municipalities to attract travelers and to also inform them that their towns and cities are open for business
- Enhancing highway lighting in disadvantaged areas to promote safety and attract industry and businesses to those areas
- Enhancing our ports to attract more industry on our river and create a more feasible and convenient airport to encourage more travel from our state instead of neighboring states
- Advocating LOCAL as it relates to any and all business affairs of MDOT. Promote, utilize and encourage the use of talents of LOCAL businesses, small and large firms by encouraging LOCAL partnerships and utilizing more DBE and WBE LOCAL firms in the state of Mississippi