Several fire crews battled a massive fire in Canton Saturday.
Canton Fire Chief Andrew Hughes said the fire started in a "grease pit" behind PECO Foods.
We're told the fire quickly spread to a wooded area.
Chief Hughes said water had to be shuttled in to fight the fire.
Witnesses said the blaze could be seen from I-55 N. at the Canton Wal-Mart.
We were told fires have occurred at this plant before.
Chief Hughes said he's trying to determine why the facility is so proned to fires.
We were told no one was injured.
The fire remains under investigation.
Copyright 2015 MSNewsNow. All rights reserved.
Story idea or news tip? Email us at News@WLBT.COM or call 601-960-4426.
715 South Jefferson Street
Jackson, MS 39201